Careers at Ethos Technologies
Help Desk Technician
The Help Desk Support Technician communicates with end users remotely to solve issues relating to office equipment connectivity and functionality. They provide excellent customer service by finding solutions to issues in a timely manner. They establish and maintain customer relationships, and develop income generation by recognizing customer needs and promoting company offerings. The ideal candidate will have an IT Degree with A+ Certification.
The Help Desk Support Technician must possess the following skills:
- Strong working knowledge of computer hardware and office equipment systems.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and experience.
- Knowledge of computer operating systems, network connectivity, and end-user software packages is ESSENTIAL.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Be courteous, self-motivated, organized, and possess a strong desire to help people.
- Must demonstrate the ability to understand what is being communicated in order to find the best solution for each issue.
- Net+ required.
- Answer help desk calls via telephone.
- Provide Level 1 help desk support to customers.
- Relay pertinent information to Level 2 Technicians for escalation of concerns.
- Prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Utilize knowledge documents, establish guidelines, and personal troubleshooting skills to resolve issues.
- With the use of remote access software, access customer computers in order to troubleshoot issues.
- Perform troubleshooting procedures with both technical and non-technical users.
- Monitor service calls screen to develop call avoidance procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of known issues and resolutions with the provided software.
- Provide training to end users via telephone and electronic documentation.
- Utilize self-paced, group and conventional classroom training programs, to maintain technical skills as mandated.
Benefits and Compensation
- Fantastic work environment – just avoid the nerf gun fights if you can.
- Health insurance fully paid for the employee.
- Life insurance fully paid for the employee.
- Short & Long-Term Disability fully paid for the employee.
- Employee Assistance Program fully paid for the employee.
- Voluntary Dental, Vision, & additional Life.
- 401k Retirement Plan.
- Vacation and Sick time, Vacation 10 days per year and Sick 6 days per year Holidays, 5 paid holidays.
- Laptop and cell phone will be provided to you.
- Car allowance and gas card.
- Through referrals to sales department personnel identifying potential to place updated equipment with enhanced capabilities, identifying the additional end-user needs along with promoting company offered solutions.
- From the accurate billing for services rendered while providing remote support.