Careers at Ethos Technologies
Managed IT Services Sales Representative
Are you ready for a change? Tired of bureaucratic work environments? Do you enjoy working with a team? Are you a person that doesn’t settle for the status quo and strives to improve everything you touch? Want to work where your contribution will truly make a difference and you’re valued as an individual? How about working for a company that is known for superior client support and service with a team-based company culture?
Ethos Technologies, the leading technology provider in the Salem/Roanoke area, is expanding our team to meet increasing client demand. We’re looking for an analytical and relationship-based person who is ready to serve our business with a positive attitude, proactive mindset, professionalism, and flexibility.
Exceptional communication skills and follow-up is key to success in this position. This position requires dedication, persistence, follow-up, effective utilization of provided resources and unbeatable client service. Candidates should have confidence in their abilities but be willing to ask for help when needed. We are looking for a team player who wants to be a part of a group of people they can believe in.
Why You’ll Love Working At Ethos
Looking for an amazing job? Good – because we’re always looking for amazing people! At ETHOS, we celebrate innovation, creativeness, and our employees who make it all possible.
A career with us (yes, career, not just a job) offers plenty of perks, professional growth opportunities, and an amazing team environment.
- Fantastic work environment – just avoid the nerf gun fights if you can.
- Health insurance fully paid for the employee.
- Life insurance fully paid for the employee.
- Short & Long-Term Disability fully paid for the employee.
- Employee Assistance Program fully paid for the employee.
- Voluntary Dental, Vision, & additional Life.
- 401k Retirement Plan.
- Vacation and Sick time, Vacation 10 days per year and Sick 6 days per year Holidays, 5 paid holidays.
- Laptop and cell phone will be provided to you.
- Car allowance and gas card.
- $30,000 base salary plus commission- That’s a potential of making $100,000 or more per year!
Still with us? Well if you’ve read this far, it must mean you’re interested! So, here’s a little more about our Sales Representative position.
The Managed IT Services Sales Rep follows a disciplined 9-step sales process to generate, manage, and close business. They can present and describe future state and value of a non-tangible item, will not accept “status quo” and is able to debate merits of change.
They should be an entrepreneurial thinker, self-motivated, continuous learner, and comfortable with C-Level discussions. The sales rep develops conversational aptitude around network technology over time (but not a technology deep-dive), however, they do not need to possess a background with this specific technology, but technology, in general, is a benefit.
- Cultivate a list of prospective accounts (inside and outside base) based on target market profiles.
- Develop Impact Statements, Bridge Statements, and Presentations that gain interest and move the sales process forward.
- Dedicate sufficient time (on a pre-scheduled basis) to meet requirements for outbound calling activity and direct appointments generated.
- Develop and implement a process for ongoing follow-up, in particular for Latent buyers so that our company is the name they think of when they become Active buyers.
Train Sales Force
- Provide ongoing training to Equipment Sales Reps in order to educate them on the target prospects, right level contact within the organization.
- Educate reps on Impact Statements and Bridge Introduction statements that they use effectively.
- Achieve target % of qualified appointments for these services based on leads from equipment reps.
Educate and Inform
- Demonstrate passion for the merits of the remote services and cloud computing offerings.
- Educate C Level audience on benefits and merits of remote services, future trends, benefits of specialization.
- Continuous learning in a rapidly changing and evolving industry segment.
Uncover Pain Points and Needs
- Effectively utilize a Network Systems Report Card to uncover pain, current gaps, and to describe services.
- Achieve an understanding of current (hard and soft) costs that are acknowledged by the prospect.
- Obtain an interest level from the prospect on the benefits of Technology Road Map Planning.
- Work with technical team to uncover technical and user issues that our solution can improve upon and resolve.
- Develop a solution that is tied to (and communicated in accordance with) customer needs.
- Ensure that all phases of the sales process have been adequately covered, based on the characteristics of the prospect.
- Anticipate objections and prepare responses prior to closing.
- Prepare proposal information tied to explicit needs.
- Ask for business.
- Some level of Post sales follow-up and account management.
The following are knowledge, skills, and attributes that we are looking for in an ideal candidate.
- Technology and Computer Applications – Correctly applies technology as required on the job; conceptualizes improvements in work through introducing and/or enhancing the use of technology. Familiar with network protocols, hardware configuration, network security, DNS and IP configurations, remote access solutions, VPN, Cloud technologies and other network /computer requirements.
- Language – Uses active listening skills, able to read, analyze, create and interpret general business documents. Speaks clearly and professionally. Able to write informative reports. Ability to express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others.
- Diagnostic Information Gathering – The ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation, seek that information from appropriate sources, and use skillful questioning to draw out the information.
- Problem Solving – Identifying problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions. The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Project Management – Anticipates and plans for all aspects of a multi-faceted, discrete endeavor to ensure resources are available and actions are taken at proper times for successful completion.
- Teamwork – The ability to collaborate and cooperate to get the job done.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional customer interaction skills.
- Enjoys presenting technical information to audiences of all levels.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- 25-40% travel required – some may be overnight.
- Ability to see details at close range.
- Valid driver’s license.
Job Challenges You May Encounter
- Balancing multiple issues at the same time.
- Working under time constraints and with deadline pressure.
- Working with customers that have achieved a level of frustration.
- Ability to explain technical solutions to non-technical individuals.
- Noise level is usually moderate.
- Office, manufacturing and warehouse environments.
- Able to travel to and from clients’ locations on a regular basis.
- Be required to stand, walk, crouch and sit.
- Occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Full-time position with benefits.
- Salary range $35,000 – $65,000, dependent on experience. Possibility of making over $100,000 with commission.
- Bonus (10-15% of base pay) on departmental/team goals and achievement of KPI’s and other performance and client satisfaction metrics for the help desk.